Sunday, August 15, 2010

And Then There Were Four...

From two...
To Three...
To Four...

After 8 months of trying, a hopeless diagnosis from the Dr., and lots of prayer, we are beyond blessed as we await the arrival of our miracle baby. This entire experience has taught me that with God, ALL things are possible. When a Dr. tells you it can't happen, God has a different plan.  We went through blood test after blood test, medications that failed, and ultrasounds that the Dr. explained "proved"  that my body was not functioning as it should. Yet our God is a God of miracles...and surprises! During a routine blood draw, one of my results came back as abnormal. I was told it wasn't physically possible for me to get pregnant at the time, so I didn't even consider it as an option. Instead, with my hopeless attitude that had recently developed, I was convinced I had cancer. Thank goodness for Google which kindly explained what it meant if HCG came back as positive. It was a surprise that can only come from God. So as I start my 19th week and bust out of every pair of jeans I own, I have to stop and remember that God gifted us with this second pregnancy. We are blessed, and we can't wait to meet our precious baby.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is Christine, Dana's friend. I am so thrilled to hear this news. God is amazing, isn't he? I'm so happy for you and I have a similar story. Our second pregnancy is a bit of a miracle too. Anyway, I've been checking your blog for months, waiting to hear that you were pregnant, and I've been praying for you. I'll be praying that you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete