Thursday, February 2, 2012

Geesh...

It's amazing how time flies. One day you have a baby that smells like Johnson's shampoo and newborn Pampers,

the next you have a 13 month old that smells like recently eaten dog food and frozen Eggo waffles.
I am a mother of two. This is crazy, and even after a year, I still feel like I am not fully mature enough to handle this responsibility. My second born has changed my life more than I could have ever imagined. He is strong willed, independent, and PASSIONATE. I love him more than life, but he is a challenge. Yesterday, he jumped off the couch and did a belly flop on my tile floor. Mother of the Year here. On a daily basis, I find myself wanting to curl up in the fetal position and wave my white flag.


What do you do when you have two boys that love life, love adventure, and love
danger? You prepare yourself for blood and lots of trips to the emergency room.

The energy these small creatures have astounds me. I don't think I can ever fully grasp the electric current that seems to runs through their veins. I sat at Starbucks this afternoon with a friend and watched my 3 year old turn in circles until he couldn't stand, crack his mouth on a wood table as he fell to the ground, get up, and repeat the process as he laughed uncontrollably. Is this normal?

There is a reason I haven't posted in a year. I. Am. Exhausted. My brain now functions at around 63%, and it's a miracle I can form any type of cohesive thought. Most days I feel like I might actually be losing my mind. Then I remind myself that they are only this age once, and one day I will miss the chaos that so dominates my life now.

One day, I will look at my boys and miss their tiny feet, their larger than life laughs, their strange sense of humor, and their outrageous idea that I, as their mother, am the safest person in the world. I am tired, I am defeated, but I am so blessed.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. I LOVED this for so many reasons. I too still can't believe I'm a mother of two most days. And I can barely function a lot of the time too. I've never felt more exhausted or more blessed. Your sons are adorable and I'm willing to bet you're doing an amazing job of being their Mama. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELCOME BACK!!! Sweet Moses I've missed you here. This post is amazingly well written because of your willingness to be honest and say what other {read 99%] of other moms are thinking but unwilling or unable to admit.

    You, however my friend, are. not. defeated. You are amazing and hilarious and able to shower those boys with unconditional love as you nurture them to be as crazy as we are... :)

    p.s. I"m jealous of your 63% brain capacity. I'm quite certain I'm not even close to that.

    ReplyDelete