Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Princess Power

I have a mild new addiction. One which has left my children watching way too many episodes of "Bubble Guppies", while I get my morning fix. I blame estrogen, Disney movies, living with three boys and the princess crown I insisted on wearing through much of my childhood. I'm addicted....to Fairy Tales.







I accidentally caught part of an episode of "Once Upon a Time" and have been hooked ever since. I want to be Snow White, Cinderella, Belle, and any other princess that gets to have a Prince Charming and a puffy dress.

In my distraction, my children have: flushed a toy down the toilet, taken down a curtain (I didn't even know they were capable), emptied a container of Nestle chocolate  powder on my living room floor, left Buzz Lightyear in the cats litterbox (super yum), and rearranged my closet.

I thought women were supposed to be able to multitask, but the only multitasking I have accomplished is watching the show while dreaming of being a princess at the same time.  On the Dork-o-Meter, I score a perfect 10 in the 20-30 age group. I'm pretty confident though that 3-7 year old girls think I'm cool.

And now excuse me while I get back to fantasizing about magic mice cleaning the chocolate powder out of my rug.

No comments:

Post a Comment