Thursday, January 21, 2010

Randomness

I just found out they invented a sarcastic symbol that you can now enter into your emails and texts. It's called a sarc mark and costs $2 to buy. A very wise investment (sarc mark). If you can't tell, I'm too cheap to buy it. I am in desperate need of it, but still too cheap. As someone in my life reminds me constantly, 'sarcasm is the lowest form of anger and you should stop using it so much'. Never.

I had my first date today with my son. I paid, of course. We were out and about and needed lunch. I decided we would sit down at a nice restaurant that, coincidentally, serves my favorite meal. It kind of reminded me of my first date with Matt...I told lots of jokes...and he didnt laugh. You know its bad when a 14 month old looks at you like you've lost your marbles. He better get used to it. After conditioning the carpet with a nice layer of juice, saltine crumbs, oranges and cheerios, I'm almost positive we are not invited back. Bummer.

We just got a new bed. We downsized from a California King (which is ginormous) to a Queen. My mattress is entirely too comfortable now. Instead of waking up before the alarm like I used to, I now wake up to a series of panicked questions. My alarm goes off, and I have no idea what day it is, where I'm supposed to be, what I'm supposed to be doing, or how long I have to do it all in. I spend at least 5 minutes staring accusingly at my alarm clock like it's trying to mess with me. I know it's not her fault, but someone needs to be blamed for this.

I saw an old man driving on the interstate smoking his pipe with a forgotten Venti Starbucks clinging for life to the top of his Cadillac. I tried to take a picture but decided one accident a year was enough for me, and I've already filled my quota.

And thats about it. I feel like this is one of those "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" moments. Only none of my thoughts are deep right now. I'll save that for another time.

1 comment: